"Diversify your Portfolio."


have-more-freelancer-accounts
Offer everything you have, everywhere!

I just got a ban lifted from my account on Upwork; the ban has something to do with identity verification, not something else.

Let me share with you what I learned during my journey to prove that I'm me. :)

I solely depended on the platform mentioned above to get clients and work, but when my account got suspended, I was left with few to none options. I thought that if I focus all my efforts and energy on one platform, I'll move up quicker.

I learned that this thought wasn't productive as I initially thought it is.

What I found out during my timeout is while trying to prove my identity, I must continue working, every day, without fail. So I've expanded my operation a little bit, by joining another platform, working on some concepts and ideas I had for a long time, and creating portfolio items.

I expect by the end of this year, if not sooner, since time flies, I expect to establish my professional life, and deepen my roots in the industry. Now that the account is up and running, I'm back in business.

With my other plans in motion already, I have a clear vision of where I'm heading, and how I'll get there. Obstacles and challenges are welcome!

What is the moral of the story?

Diversify, don't depend on one platform or one channel for your business. Grow outside of your comfort zone; it is sunny out there!

Comments

  1. Marilyn R. WilcoxJune 21, 2016 at 2:43 AM

    Hi Ahmed,

    I want to thank you because this post is very helpful. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the same mistake when I was starting out, but now I have several accounts on different platforms. I think the most important thing is to keep a good relationship with the clients so they can find you and hire you wherever you might be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia,

    Thanks for sharing your experience. It is really vital to connect with clients, on that I agree.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Be Honest!

Popular posts from this blog

Will Social Media Make Us Immortal?

This Instagram Trick Will Double Your Engagement!

How to Write the Title for Your Blog Post Like a Pro Copywriter